SVG’s Case #2 recovers from COVID-19
The second person to test positive for COVID-19 in St. Vincent and the Grenadines has fully recovered and has received medical clearance.
The National Emergency Management Organisation (NEMO) said that this was confirmed on Monday when the Caribbean Public Health Agency reported a second negative PCR test for that individual.
“This result means that there are now only 10 confirmed active COVID-19 cases in St. Vincent and the Grenadines,” NEMO said.
Case #2 exposed over 100 other persons to the disease, but none of them have tested positive, according to information revealed by Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves in early April.
There had been much anger and public outrage about the conduct of the woman, who broke her 14-day quarantine after returning from the United States on March 25.
She visited several business places in Kingstown and spent time in at least two villages even as she had begun exhibiting symptoms of the disease.
The woman was reported to health authorities on March 28 and had been in isolation since then.
SVG’s most recent COVID- 19 positive case was recorded on April 9.
“The Government of St. Vincent and the Grenadines will continue to keep the public informed, as we manage this public health challenge together,” NEMO said on Monday’s press statement.